Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh I love these - The Whole Jar Of Peanut Butter Cookies

I always like to try a new cookie recipe and Peanut Butter cookies are one of my favorites. When I came across this recipe on Allrecipes.com (one of my new favorite websites) I thought, wow, with a whole jar of peanut butter they should be real tasty...and they are.

I did under cook mine a little bit because both Scott & I like a softer Peanut Butter cookie than crunchy and that did the trick for us. I also left out the chopped peanuts just because I'm not a fan of peanuts in my cookies.

The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped peanuts

In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, yolks, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Finally, stir in the peanuts. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.

Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should look dry on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely on a rack. These cookies taste great when slightly undercooked.

Since the dough needs to be refrigerated, it works great if you only want to bake a dozen or so and save the dough for baking more later...kinda like I did...and we still have dough in the frig to make more.

1 comment: