Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cards made in the last few months

It has been a while since I posted the cards that I finished...maybe one day I'll actually post each card after I've finished it.

Mother's Day Card:
I created the scallop border on my Cricut using the Cricut Design Studio & the George & Basic Shapes cartridge & ran it through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The tulip stamps are Stampin' Up. The inside I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out the scalloped rectangle & the stamp used inside is Inkadinkadoo. I scraplifted this from "The Pink Stamper".

Father's Day card & both my sons-in-law Birthday cards:
On this one I used some fishing wrapping paper we had & ran it through the Distressing Stripes Cuttlebug folder. The fly stamps used are Close To My Heart & the inside is a font (LD Flyfish) from Scrap n Fonts.

Graduation cards: I made a couple of these this year one for Scott's niece & one for my second cousin. Fortunately for me their school colors happened to be the same & they were in two completely different states.

On this one I created my own embossed vertical lines on the main piece of blue cardstock. I cut out the "2009" & "Congrats" with the Cricut & Doodletype cartridge. For the 2009 I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld it altogether & ran it through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder - but first I inked up one side of the folder with blue ink to get the raised dots to be blue. The Cap & Diploma stamps are DeNami. It needed a little bit more so I created my own tassel with white crochet thread & I inked up part of it to be blue.

Sydney's Birthday card:
I first stamped up the pink cardstock with Versamark & Scrappy Cat Sparkle Flourish stamps. I also used Versamark to stamp the Dragonfly (Magenta) & used PearlEx over it for the shimmer. The flowers are from Michaels in the wedding section in a pail as confetti from "Brides" that I inked up with pink along the edges & put rhinestones in the center.

Lisa's Birthday card:
On this one I stamped with Versamark several stamps from Heidi Grace's Paradise set & then ran through the Birds & Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out all of the scalloped rectangles & used another stamp from the Paradise set for the sentiment. The inside I used a panel that I stamped & embossed the same as the front but I used the Versamark Dazzle in Frost to ink along the raised embossing. The stamped Happy Birthday is from Parked on Rubber.

It shouldn't be so long before I do my next card since it is my Grandma's & her birthday is only a couple of weeks away...better get working on that card I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment