Thursday, April 2, 2009

My latest cards...I've been busy

I have slacked a little in getting some of the cards I've done lately posted. I've been really busy in that craft room lately and since these cards have been given to the recipients, I feel safe in posting them now. I do have a few that I will post later in a couple of weeks.


This first one is my brother's birthday card and I used the Cricut on it 100%...not used to doing that and I look at it and see it isn't really my style to do the whole card only by cutting out on the Cricut. I can do much better than this. I knew I wanted to use the BSU paper since he is a HUGE fan.



This next one I did for my best friends daughter (kind of my adopted niece) Cassie's birthday. Once again I used the Cricut to cut everything out and then used my Cuttlebug to emboss several items on this card. I did do a little stamping on this one behind the cupcake and added my own dotted/line border around the whole card.



Next is my niece, Lilly's birthday card. I wanted to do another Tinkerbell card since I heard she liked Tinkerbell as well but I wanted to do something different than Aydann's card...only fair. I used my Cricut with the Design Studio to cut out the scallop circle and light purple border and the "4". A punch to cut out the green strip and my Nestabilities to cut out the smaller scallop circle.


The last card for now is Jaxon's Birthday card...he is a big 1 year old tomorrow. I did a lot of paper layering on this one so the front is pretty heavy. I used the new Imaginisce paper-Twitterpated- and rub-ons with the woodland animals. I created my own layered flower with a couple of punches that I have and the "1" was cut out on my Cricut. When I did this card it was prior to knowing what Mandi was doing for a theme, so it is a little off (he's having a jungle party) but since we won't be able to celebrate with him this year, I guess it will all work out okay. We did our gifts/cake with him last weekend because this weekend we are leaving for Maui (trip was planned before the little guy was even born).

No comments:

Post a Comment