Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Second Scripture Selection

The 15th came and went and with all the computer problems we've been having lately, I didn't get this post done but I have been working on my scripture and I have half of it memorized so far. I can't just blurt it out though, I have to think about it a bit and maybe I should have gone with a different translation to make it a little easier to remember. For my second scripture I chose:

Phillipians 4:6 (KJV)
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

I do want to get to a point where it just rolls off my tongue.

On one of Beth's posts (Scripture Memory Mini-Tutorial) she gave some really good tips on how to memorize scripture and used an acronym "RENEW" to help. The "N" stands for "Need" - pick a scripture that you need. I had already done that with my first scripture and have been keeping other scriptures in mind to also do throughout the year that I NEED.

While I was in Boise I went to Boise Valley Christian Communion (my sister & my mom's church) - I've been there several times - but the ladies ministry was starting a new Bible study that Sunday on Beth's "Esther - It's Tough Being A Woman", I was definitely going to be there. I got the workbook and will continue it on my own at home, but I just love listening to Beth speak. She has such an enthusiasm for the Word and really gets into it deeply. Also for Christmas, my mom gave me the "John" 90 day Bible study of Beth's, what a great gift. It was one that I was wanting and forgot to mention when my dear husband was asking what I wanted for Christmas. My sister mentioned she got it for her birthday from mom so we are going to go through it together, even though we are several hundred miles apart.

I'm still working on getting our computer up and going to its fullest capacity and pray I don't ruin it in the process. It has been hit with so much Malware and Spyware that I'd like to string the guys who create all this garbage up by their toes. It is such a pain to get off of your computer and I didn't really realize all the nightmares it could cause me.

No comments:

Post a Comment