Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mojo Monday #107

I'm going to try something new...a sketch challenge.
I've never participated in one of these before but I sure have looked at lots of them. I follow the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog and I use them a lot for ideas on what to do on my next card but this time I'm going to participate as well.

I have a friend whose birthday is this weekend and we are going to a surprise party for her 50th Birthday so I knew I wanted the main colors of my card to be black and white.
For my stamps I used Autumn Leaves Florishes V2 set and created my own background on the large piece of white and around the white circle in silver. The "Happy Birthday" is by Parked on Rubber.

I used my Nestabilities Large Circle dies to cut the circles and I also embossed the larger black circle but I'm sure that won't be picked up in the photo.

The patterned paper I found at Michaels and it is by Recollections. It has a real pretty filigree pattern. I also used it with my iTop to create the larger brads in the middle.

I finished off my embellishments with some mini black brads, a piece of black satin ribbon and a piece of thinner white satin ribbon for the bow.
On my inside I used my circle punch to cut out circles of the patterned paper and printed off a nice quote I found.

If you'd like to check out some of the other cards submitted for this challenge you can do so by going here...but there are a lot to see.

1 comment: