Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday's Song - Praise You In This Storm

This week was a really bad week that I hope we will not have to repeat for awhile.

Scott finally went to Immediate Care on Monday and found out he had bronchitis. I'm really glad I pushed him to go because bronchitis turns into pneumonia if you don't get antibiotics to keep it from getting worse. He has had pneumonia before so he could get it easily and it took a month for me to get over it back in May. So far I've been able to keep it to just a head cold, I've been continuing with all the vitamins and Tylenol Cold. I still keep up with the hand sanitizer if I’ve been out somewhere.

Earlier this week some of the guys Scott has been working with were laid off and then on Wednesday he was told that on Friday (yesterday) after he was finished with this job he’s been on for awhile that he was going to be laid off for about 3 weeks. Because I had already had one big shock for the week Scott was afraid to say anything to me but when he did I think he was surprised that I didn’t freak out. I think it is because I was still in a state of shock. I am almost at a one year anniversary of being unemployed and quickly running out of unemployment funds with no confirmations on any of the jobs I’ve been praying I get. But after Scott talked to the owner and he mentioned going down Monday to file for unemployment he told Scott to hold off they were going to be having a meeting on Monday and from the way he talked they are going to keep him working one way or another. Praise the Lord!! We already know this Christmas is going to be one of the bleakest for us ever but we are just trying to keep our heads above water in this terrible economy….um what happened to our President creating jobs to help the growing number of unemployed?

The week ended pretty good when I got an e-mail this morning from one of my favorite authors, Stef Ann Holm, (she lives in Boise) whose blog I also follow that I had won an autographed copy of her latest book. I had just read the first 2 books in this series and I had gone through and caught myself up to all of the books she has written in the past. She posted to her blog how she came up with a winner and it involved her Yorkie dog....perfect, since that is the next dog I am wanting to get....a sign? Maybe.

Needless to say since our week was a bad one I really wanted this to be my song for the week. Another song I love and have ever since I first heard it on the radio. We may have been weathering a storm this week but He's still with us.


Praise You In This Storm
Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment