Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow....an actual post that doesn't coincide with my Saturday's Song segment...but with today being Thanksgiving I wanted to do a quick post for what I am thankful for. For those of you who are on my Facebook some of these will be familiar since for the last 2 weeks I was participating in a challenge of daily posting what I am thankful for. I was really enjoying seeing what everyone else posted as well.

I am thankful for:
  • Jesus, my Savior...He has saved me from an eternity of hell and being lost
  • My husband...even though some days I wish some things were different or I'd like to change him in some ways, I can't imagine being without him
  • My home...even though some days I wish it were a different house
  • My car...I love it and in 4 years, I haven't had any problems with it and still have not found one I like more
  • My friends...I've had so many that I've known through the years some for a long time and several for just a short time but they have all brought something good into my life
  • My family...I was raised in a close-knit one and my siblings and I all get along and love each other
  • My hobbies...I have several that I love to do (stamping, crocheting, reading, baking, beading)
  • My education...my parents sacrificed to put my siblings and I through private school and I am so grateful for that
  • My freedom and all those who serve or who have served in the armed forces so I can have those freedoms
  • My health...for a year we haven't had health insurance and we've only had a few minor illnesses
  • Music...I love music, both listening to it and singing it
  • Prayers of my friends and family
  • My mind...I have so many good memories to remember
  • My ease of joy and laughter
  • The beauty and scents of nature...I live in the mountains surrounded by pine trees, lakes, fresh mountain air and lots of my favorite flowers
  • Makeup...without it I look like I haven't woken up yet
  • Faith and hope
  • My grandkids & stepkids...I didn't have any children of my own and I am able to spoil and do for them what I would have done for my own kids had I had any

I know I could come up with so many more if I took the time but I need to end this list somewhere. I'm even thankful for this last year. It has been a hard one for us, me being unemployed, we've had to make a few sacrifices but it has been a nice "vacation" from the workforce that I think I really needed. I know from the line of work that I was in that I would tend to get to a point where I hated people and I don't like that kind of me. I think that the Lord knew I needed to make a change in ME and get some of my priorities straight. I'm hoping and praying that He will bring me a new job in a field I would be happy in.

I hope everyone has had a wonderfully, blessed and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment