Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yummy Muffins - Peanut Butter Muffins & Sweet Pineapple Muffins

I've tried a couple of muffin recipes lately that were pretty good and thought I'd share them. They are both Quick & Easy recipes from Taste of Home.

Peanut Butter Muffins

2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups buttermilk baking mix
3 tablespoons jam

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the baking mix. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Bake @ 375 for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Yield: 12 muffins

My own personal note: These are best made for the day they are going to be eaten or the very next day since they got a little on the dry side after 24 hours but the tops are really moist.


Sweet Pineapple Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cans (8 ozs each) crushed pineapple, undrained
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, mix pineapple, eggs and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before revmoving to a wire rack.
Yield: recipe states 20 muffins, but I got 29

My own personal note: When these bake the tops get really brown but I think it is just because of the pineapple in them because they aren't burnt or overbaked.

I have several other muffin recipes that I'm wanting to try and if they turn out good, I'll share those recipes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment