Friday, February 13, 2009

I've been busy crafting

I feel as if I've been living in my craft room lately and here is most of the evidence of it. I can't show all of them yet (until my Valentine's reach their recipients...I don't want to spoil it for them).

A friend that I've known for like 19 years lost her father a couple of weeks ago and since I've been close with her and her kids and all her sisters and her parents...I made sympathy cards for them all (I made 7 total of these). This is the first sympathy card I've ever made. But I think it turned out good.

I used my Nestabilities Scallop Rectangle dies and I just LOVE them and my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I stamped it with Autumn Leaves Flourishes stamps. I had to print out the sentiment on the computer since I didn't have any sympathy stamps, with the exception of "With Sympathy" which I did stamp in the inside.



Next up, I made a birthday card for a friend of mine that I will be seeing this weekend in Lewiston (she is actually my step-daughter's mother-in-law but we hit it off real great and are friends). Her Birthday isn't until Monday the 16th.

Again...you see the Nestabilities (this time) Scallop Circle die. I used my Cricut and Design Studio to create the large black scalloped edge. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and a Sizzix die for the cupcake.

This one was a little harder for me to do mainly because I don't have a lot in these colors so I was limited in what I did. However, the silver strip in the middle (don't gasp when you hear this) but it is from some wrapping paper that was on one of our wedding presents. I have several big chunks that were in good condition and SEE I did use it again.


And lastly, for now, is the Valentine card I made for Scott. It has literally been years since I've made my Valentine cards and I figured since I was home and had the time, I would make all my cards this year.

Well lookie here...another card with the Nestabilities Scalloped Circle die (I'm gonna get my money's worth out of these and like I said, I LOVE them). I also used the much sought out Basic Grey-Bittersweet Line-Mousse paper. When I finally found it in Boise at Archiver's I bought out the 7 sheets they had. I just think it is so pretty. I also found I really like the way Basic Grey's paper distresses, it is very workable. I stamped the mice from one of my Penny Black stamps and altered it a little (it has a big flower above their heads that shields them like an umbrella). I used to make cards for Scott when we were dating that had these Penny Black mice, hedgehogs, cats on them but haven't in a long time. I stamped the "Love You" at the top.

Well that is it for this post...my next one will show 2 more cards but I will have to wait until Saturday to post that one.

I've been having a lot of fun. I spent all weekend in my craft room and Scott spent all weekend in his man cave (across the hall from my room) watching movies and doing his craft of tying flies. I asked him who he thought made a bigger mess when they were creating...he definitely thought I did but that I could control it better than what I do. (I will have to take a picture next time it is in such disarray and show you...maybe one day a short little video on my craft room). He said he will usually pick out a fly from his book and pull out those materials to make it and that is it. I told him it was impossible for me because I didn't have a book I could just duplicate a card from. I am creating...trying to find if one thing looks good to find that no not really but lets try this. I usually only have the for sure thing of my paper colors decided, the type of card and MAYBE a particular stamp. I am finding though that I need more embellishments. And I think I can honestly say that since I've moved up here, away from all my stamping buddies, that this is the first time I've spent this much time in my room doing my thing. It was a blast. I think I will try really hard to do all of my cards for the year, handmade. So next up would be my brother's birthday card. Paper already sitting on my table waiting to be used.

4 comments:

  1. So where are those 'other' valentines cards you made... :) Notice their isn't a pic of them on here.. Hmmm :) Excited for you guys to get here, even though I will be at Bunco till 830...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...hee hee...you have to wait until tomorrow. That is when Valentine's Day is. We could crash your party...I love bunco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to get myself a Cricut. So many cute things you've been making. Do you think I'd get anything else done though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it would just be something you did every once in awhile. I am just getting more use out of mine lately and I LOVE my Cuttlebug just as much.

    ReplyDelete